By registering for the USNA Alumni Mentoring Program (AMP), I acknowledge and I voluntarily agree that my participation:
- Is voluntary and that participants enter into and participate in AMP at their sole risk and without financial compensation:
- includes my understanding, observing, and agreeing to the AMP Rules of Engagement (see below);
- may or may not have any specific time frame;
- occurs between USNA Alumni;
- has no direct, hierarchical, or supervisory chain-of-command;
- is intended to benefit all parties in the relationship for professional growth, career development, goal achievement, and other areas jointly defined by the particular Mentor and Protégé;
- entails meeting in-person, electronically, or by other means of communication;
- respects confidentiality;
- adheres to the unclassified communication guidelines for chat forums;
- is designed to facilitate the goals and objectives set out by the Protégé, but in no way guarantees that those goals and objectives will be achieved; and
- is focused on guidance and support, constructive feedback, and sharing of wisdom.
Voluntary Release, Indemnification, and Waiver of Liability Statement
By registering and participating in the USNA Alumni Mentoring Program (AMP), I hereby voluntarily waive, release, indemnify, protect, and forever discharge the USNA Alumni Mentoring Program (AMP), the USNA Class of 1969 Foundation, the USNA Alumni Association, the USNA Foundation, and each and all of their respective officers, directors, representatives, members, employees, agents, and committee members from and against all losses, claims, injuries, damages, demands, liabilities, causes of action or responsibilities of any nature or kind whatsoever, caused by, or directly and/or indirectly arising out of or in any way related to my involvement or participation in the USNA Alumni Mentoring Program (AMP).
I further acknowledge and understand that there have been no background checks, e.g., criminal or otherwise, regarding any Mentor or Protégé. I have chosen to participate in AMP voluntarily and at my sole risk.